Prodotti Chimici e Alimentari (PCA) headquarters and factory are located in Via Novi 78, 15060 Basaluzzo (AL) Italy. PCA is based in the historic center of the so-called Industrial triangle drawn by Turin (120 Km North West ), Milan (90 Km North East) and Genoa (60 Km South). This has been historically the area where industrial development started in Italy and it is well supported by railway, highway, airports and harbors (Genoa, La Spezia and Vado Ligure). PCA closest international airport is Milan Malpensa (MXP) around 140 km North, while other regional airports available to reach PCA are Milan Linate (LIN) 106 Km North East or Genoa Cristoforo Colombo (GOA) 70 Km South.
Prodotti Chimici e Alimentari was established in 1946 with the name SINFAR and was located in Novi Ligure (AL).
In 1964 SINFAR changed its name in Prodotti Chimici e Alimentari and a couple of years later plant moved to the actual site in the country area between Novi Ligure and Basaluzzo (Al).
Word “Alimentari” in Company name, meaning food stuff, is due to the fact that in old times PCA supplied some natural colouring additives for food like dextrose caramel and saccharose caramel to some soft drink Company.
Since late 70’s Company main activity became bulk pharmaceutical manufacturer and we focused almost exclusively on bile derivatives.
Since July 2008 PCA is part of ICE S.p.A. Group.